Saturday, August 2, 2008

UGH THIS IS ONE OF THOSE WEEKS!

Here we go...

Last week Shannon and I started going to our acting class. It's a play about Alice in Wonderland. I thought when Sha and I got our packets "Omg this is gonna be so much fun!" Dun, dun, dun dun....I was horribly wrong! We have to do these crazy dances that I can barely even figure out! If I cant do the stretches in the beginning of class I cant do these! Its four hours every day from one to 5. God! I'm so annoyed. Its intense and boring. Sha has it way easier then I do. Well...Maybe its close because she has to sing a solo in a costume that looks entirely idiotic. I'm not worried about very much other then the fact that I have to go back and change as fast as lightning like five times! And I have to wear a long sleeved black shirt and long black pants! Ugh! Its hot enough during practice and I'm wearing a tank top and shorts! (This is obviously gonna be hard).

I'm just glad I don't have to sing a long solo like Shannon.

So far its felt like the class is for like ten hours. I don't get it. I've only managed to have fun one of the days. I'm not sure if I can survive another week, you know? At least we get the weekend off.


I walked inside the place feeling ready to burst with excitement. When I got in...That was a different story. I was suddenly nervous. I knew what my part was. Royal cardsmen/Grass/Late chorus/Sea creature. I had no idea that I was going to have to change like crazy for all of those. First, we did all kinds of crazy stretches. I could only get like two of them right....And then we had to go through like three of the songs step by step with the music dude that I for some reason don't like.



I'm not sure what day it was when we had to learn the dance the caucus race. As the Dodo bird sang "Everybody take your place, before we start the caucus race" all of us were stretching. And to think I thought it was going to be easy. At one point we had to run off stage...and...

UGH UGH UGH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! My costume is awesome =P
You're totally jealous.

At least you don't have a solo with a high note you can't hit!

Zip-a-dee-doo-da Zip-a-dee-ay
Love from,
The caterpillar

Kelly said...

Maybe when you do the performances it will all seem worth it and maybe this second week will get better. If not, you don't ever have to do it again!!! I'm just proud of you for trying something like this. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Caity,

I, too, am very proud of you. It takes guts to get up and act in front of lots of people. I never have done that!!! I hope this week is funner. I know you will play your parts very well!