Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WEEEEEE.........

Adventures are happening every day, I have to say. Acting Class ended a few weeks ago. I cant get it out of my mind though. I'm still having nightmares about it. Don't laugh. I have lots of issues I know. It went pretty well...The first dress rehearsal was bad because I had never had to run back and change as fast as lightning before. But after I did it once and had a good place for my pile I was fine. Everything went okay as far as I know. (I wouldn't know actually because for most of it I was in the dressing room changing) Ugh. It was very stressful. We had too much changing I know.

When I walked into the door that first day of the show, I was shaking to death. Everything was wild. I forgot how it happened...I remember sitting down with Shannon and thinking about all of the stuff I could mess up on. My friend, Jessica, didn't seem very stressed out and neither did Shannon. Most of the people seemed really excited. I was in my own personal, whirling, fiery, stress. Yeah. Though its not the worst thing that's EVER happened to me. I can think of one or two other things. RAWER!

Well, when April finally came to call us back I almost passed out. We had to go and get our play clothes on and wow. I didn't get to be with Shannon or Jessie. I was stuck with the flowers, the dodo bird, the rock lobsters, and the other Cardsmen/grass/ ect. I only had one or two friends. Its amazing how close everyone had gotten since the very first day. We literally sat in the dressing rooms for two hours straight until they finally had us go to our places for the dress rehearsal. That went pretty smooth.

Then, after that, we went back and ate pizza. Shannon and I were careful and only drank water. The kids were probably thinking that we were freaks. But hey? Being a freak is fun. I was pretty relaxed by then. It was funny, cause when we went downstairs and were preparing for the show, everyone was stressing. I knew that if we had made it through two dress rehearsals, that we could make it through this.


When we FINALLY went to our places for the offical show, everything seemed bad again. When we had still been downstairs, we had already seen the people in the first and second row. What was the rest like? The bad thing was that the doors were closed and we couldn't hear the music. We were forced to crack the door open so we could hear our cue. Ugh. We were on the Balcony place inside of a small hall, about the size of an elavater. There were five of us.

It went good from there.



Two days ago we had a garage sale. It was fun watching all of the people come and go. Hehe. We painted my nails black today! I WUV IT!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You're such a good writer, kiddo! Bring on the blogs.

Anonymous said...

I agree....I love your writing!

Anonymous said...

Caitlin,

I will agree with your mom and dad and tell you that you are a great writer! You are the only kid blogger that I check and read on a regular basis.

And I was totally impressed with the acting class that you did.
It may have stressed you out but I hope you look back at it and remember how brave you were.
To do something that's totally out of your comfort zone like that?-THAT'S courage.
Keep up the good work.

Kinda