Thursday, January 29, 2009

Orthodontist, Day 1: Meet Mr. Cryder

The time has come for me to deal with my overbite. Dr. Cryder has quite a sense of humor with nice workers. He made me sit on this strange chair and look at my teeth. He said VERY weird stuff in the process to his worker...I think her name was Vicky. Anyway, the whole time I was having trouble not laughing. He called the teeth I hadn't lot yet baby Molars. I was very amused. Then he said, “You’re going to hold this mirror while me and Mom sit and stare at your teeth.” Next they took me back to get impressions (Oh G0d). This part was exciting. First a chick came back and stuck trays with pink icky stuff in it. The bottom part was fine, but the time was horrible. The chick was like, "Breathe deep through your nose," and I'm like, "In your dreams, woman." So when that was over they made me go and get X-rays. Now, this part was interesting. She stuck blue tubes up my ears and attached some weird thing to my nose. I had to hold perfectly still the whole time in order for it to work. Next they took pictures of my teeth. The lady was like, "You do not have to smile, and this is not going onto the internet." I didn't, and I didn't want to. This is where it gets funny. The lady made me use these huge blue things to spread my lips really, really far, and it hurt! While I was doing that she shoved a mirror straight into my mouth and told me not to move my tongue. She took several pictures of me before finally returning me to my Mom. What's funny is that I have to wear headgear to make sure it stays in place. The headgear looks interesting. I have to wear it at night and whenever I'm at home. I have to wear rubber bands for a week (Yay). Shannon is already making fun of me for it. She had to wear some weird Tooth Positioner and I have to wear headgear! Yay for us!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think the rubber band things are called expanders or seperators. It was a little embarrassing when you came out into the waiting room cracking up. People stared.