Thursday, June 12, 2008

Burns

Last night around 10:00 I just so happened to be eating Ramon Noodles or something. I didn't think and poured it all into the bowl at once, and I tried to pick it up so I could carry it across the room...And you know what happened? I immediately dropped it again, spilling the boiling hot water all over my hand. It hurt like heck, and I screamed. Luckily my mom was coming inside from talking to her Mom, and Shannon was there too. It hurt for a while and when it started getting white we went to the emergency room just to be careful. I pretty much had to keep it in water for it to not hurt like heck. When they finally took me back they made me step on the scale thingy, and I weighed 76 pounds. I didn't find that shocking because I was so tall. When the lady took me into the one place she had me put my hand in this cool stuff and that made it feel a lot better. The doctor person didn't look too concerned, so I stopped shaking a bit, though I wasn't happy with having to take my hand out of the water stuff. My hand was all red and stuff, which didn't make me happy. I finally fell asleep around 5:00 when I had taken pain medicine and this other stuff. I had to sleep with my hand on ice. I woke up and it still doesn't hurt right now so hopefully I'll get some time off of the pain for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No more cooking for you little missy ;) jk. I love you.

caity stripes said...

Hey, I will NOT be doing any cooking for a while, Sha Sha. Ugh! You just wait 'till you burn your hand! >.< Oh, yeah, I love you too!